Goals, Priorities and Resolutions for 2018
2017 was rough. I was pulled and pushed into new and uncomfortable positions that I never planned on being in. I was yanked out of my life and into another one.
In 2018, I want to take these new changes and challenges and run with them. I want to grow into my life and feel comfortable in my new skin. I am not who I once was, and that’s okay.
Stay on top of my sleep schedule. My sleep holds the key to a whole multitude of problems and dealing with it before it becomes a problem is a way of heading these problems off. If I can maintain a good sleep hygiene, a lot of other things will fall into place.
Eat at least one vegan meal a week. I’m already a vegetarian, and in the future, I plan on going completely vegan. A good way to prepare for this is to slowly incorporate vegan meals into my week, making the eventual change less of a shock to the system.
- Read more books. I’m starting my creative writing masters in the autumn, for which I’ll be reading at least 2 books a week. Again, this is a way of preparing for a change by making it part of my routine. (You can follow me on Goodreads here.)
- Get dolled up more. For me, if I look good, I feel good. There’s no point in pretending that’s not the case. I tried to be okay with the paper bag princess look and bare face, but it just wasn’t to be. I’ve recently found a love for lipstick, so I will be trying to feed that during 2018.
- Join a club. I’ve spent the last few years hopping between France and England, never fully settling down and making a group of new friends in the process. I am lucky enough to have met some incredible people over the years, but I think a social circle is important. I am terrified by the idea of joining a club, but it will allow me to get stuck in a new hobby as well as make some new friends, so win-win!
- Make videos. I want to exercise my creativity, and it would be a shame to put my media studies A-level to waste.
- Keep up with this blog. I want to be a writer in the professional sense but I always find myself being scared of showcasing my writing. This blog is a way of overcoming that, whilst hopefully helping my readers in the process.
- Write a book. It doesn’t even have to be good, just put down enough words to call it a novel.
- Skip for 30 minutes without stopping. I bought an indoor jump rope (oh yes, they exist). I’m not at a point yet where I can go out running in public, or swimming, so skipping seemed like a good way of moving my body without having a panic attack at the thought of it.
- Go to Italy in June. From Rome to Florence, to Venice, and then up through France to Paris for the Fête de la Musique.
- Nurturing my friendships.
- My mental health.
I imagine that this list will be updated in the coming weeks and months, but for now, I think this is a pretty solid start to the year! What are your resolutions, goals, and priorities for the year?